Thursday, October 13, 2011

Messing up and getting to hear about it.

WHOLLY CRAP I 100 percent screwed up yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!! Connor was to do a book report presentation and I did not go. I have been telling him that I was going to be there and I F’ED UP big time. When you forget to do something how do you resolve it? I pride myself on being there for Connor and of course I get to hear it from his mom of how a bad dad I am.




I want to talk about how you handle your self confidence as a parent? I was talking to one of my best friends yesterday about his relationship with his step daughter and the fact that she has essentially two dads. I am sure it is hard in a marriage where one parent feels that they are better at parenting instead of creating a co-parent environment. My self confidence was and still threatened because well I was told that my parenting skills were lack since I am an only child and never baby sat. Again what do you do to create a positive environment for your kids? With my friend Jim he has had to understand his role as a step dad and to understand that his parenting skills are different then his wife and her former husband. I was once told that I could never be a leadership trainer because I have never had direct reports so therefore I did not have the experience to be successful in that role. The point I want to make is that can you maintain self confidence when you are faced with negativity because you either lack experience or that your spouse essential “knows best.”



I still can not believe that I messed up and missed Connor’s presentation. This is why I left my training job so I would not miss out on things like this. I do not want to undermine his feelings because he will forgive me but I do not deserve to be forgiven. I will keep you posted on how my begging for his mercy goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment