Monday, July 12, 2010

Chicago Day 1

Landed in Chicago, Connor and I had uneventful trip. However that kid is just full of life and energy. We took a SUV limo ride to my dad’s and WOW our driver Charles is like the Donald Trump of businesses. He has the limo business as well as; boat tour and handy man business. Connor spent time watching for different out of state license plates. Once we arrived to the apartment I was told that my one and only selfish act of one thing I wanted to do was approved. My dad would take me to this pizza place called Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder, and the pizza is a true pizza pie. If you ever get the chance please go and try the half pounder. Anyway Connor had a salad and a half pounder and he liked it. I was so proud of him to try new things.

Anyway the evening was a walk back to the apartment with a stop at MC Donald’s for some ice cream. What a good first day here in my home city as I am watching the AMC channel that is doing a “Mad Men” marathon, a show I have never seen but now I am hooked. Tomorrow going to walk along Lake Michigan, Millennium park, Lego store and to see The Bean.

Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment